The Pahang government has allocated RM9.3 million towards the second phase of the targeted Bantuan Prihatin Pahang (BPP) Covid-19 assistance to the people of the state, to help ease their burden following the pandemic, says Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Wan Rosdy Wan Ismail.
Wan explained the assistance comes in the form of cash and food baskets, which would be distributed to those whose income had been affected due to the implementation of the Movement Control Order (MCO) and Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO).
In a statement today, Wan said, “among those receiving this assistance are boat operators and tour guides, school canteen operators and their employees, delivery providers, e-hailing drivers as well as volunteers at vaccination centres (PPVs).”
He added, “also receiving the assistance are the Orang Asli community via Tok Batin or village head, members of the Malaysian Armed Forces Veterans Association (PVATM) and the Malaysian Ex-Police Association as well as art activists.”
Among other recipients are residents under the village security and development committee (JKKK), settlement security and development committee (JKKR) and new village security and development committee (JKKB).
Moreover, Wan said the new allocation brought the total of BPP Covid-19 for this year to RM17.1 million, included with the first phase allocation of RM7.8 million announced on May 24.
Furthermore, people who are eligible to receive the benefits in the first phase are the underprivileged, persons with disabilities, taxi drivers and senior citizens over 80 years old who receive assistance from the Social Welfare Department.